Is syncthing-android for 0.11 available for testing?

ok,

I exported, My Config and uninstalled 11.2

Installed 11.6RC

Imported Config

Exited Syncthing

Started Syncthing

All files rescanned and A-OK.

All working well.

@mfya, I discovered a way of doing it on Chrome. Access this URL:

chrome://flags/#allow-insecure-localhost

and click on Enable. You need to restart Chrome after that. VoilĂ , now we can surf ST Web interface without that annoying warning about invalid certificate.

PS: I found the answer in this article

More feedback - mostly positive: :smile:

@Zillode and @Nutomic The new official version 0.6.0 looks terrific. On one of my Android devices I just did a direct version update (using Google PlayStore) from the previous “official” version.

Process was flawless. Nice job - and thank you.

@marcelpaulo

One correction from my earlier post. When I installed 0.11-6RC on top of 0.11-3 I did end up with 2 installed versions, just like you did. Sorry - I didn’t notice this potential issue until I re-read your post and checked.

One of the 2 installed versions had my data attached (several GB) and the other had virtually no data, so I uninstalled the version without data - and all was fine after that. (Looks like uninstall old > install new is a more reliable method than install on top of when dealing with these test and debug versions)

Then I did an export config, uninstalled 0-11-6RC, installed the new “Official” 0.6.0, followed by an import. All is working.

@marcelpaulo: thanks for the chrome explanation.

@Zillode and @Nutomic: I second @NickPyz: this looks terrific. I installed in one device (Android 4.4.2, stock) and I’ve checked CPU usage, and when the UI is closed, CPU usage is 2% or less (10 to 14% if UI kept on the foreground).

For those that have used the previous beta apk releases by @Zillode, I first tried removing the beta while keeping the data doing (from adb shell) pm uninstall -k com.nutomic.syncthingandroid but the installer kept complaining about the the version being incompatible. So I had to do a full uninstall (i.e., without the -k).

Thanks, added to the wiki

1 Like

@Zillode, won’t 0.6.0 hit F-Droid ?

it will, takes a day before f-droid checks for new tags

Thanks for shedding light !

0.6.0 was finally picked by F-Droid ! My upgrade path was similar to @NickPyz’s, with one difference: after generating the keys, ST crashed and kept crashing when I tried to start it, so I had to reboot the phone. This difference aside, after importing the configuration, ST on the phone connected and synced without problems with ST 0.11.2 on my Xubuntu 15.04 laptop.

I took 5-min long top readings, for comparison with previous builds: gui on the background, and no gui.

Thanks, @Zillode, for all the sweat poured into this new release !

2 Likes