Is it possible to instruct a device to sync a subfolder as though it is the root folder?

When I try to sync a subfolder on its own, SyncThing’s web GUI says Warning, this path is a subdirectory of an existing folder "foldername" (xxxxx-12345).

I can only assume that the reason for this warning is that it leads to issues, hence my question became necessary for me to ask.

I’m syncing my entire Minecraft folder for PrismLauncher, but the device I want to sync this particular save to is a Meta Quest headset, which only has one launcher (QuestCraft), which does not support multi-instance gameplay. As such, I want to sync just one of my instances to my headset, and ensure that the data it uses is the save in question.

I have something that can create a symbolic link to another directory without root, so the fact that the files are located within /storage/emulated/0/Android/Data/[…] on the Meta Quest 2 isn’t an issue for me; I just need to solve the issue of the files being synced to a subfolder with a name that the Quest app won’t accept instead.

It can be problematic if used incorrectly, but your usage sounds fine to me as I understand it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.