Is it possible to force a index redownload for a specific device on the cluster?

Hey guys, I have a syncthing setup were there is 1 send-only and (currently) 22 receive-only devices. The problem I’m facing is that on my send-only device, there is this SKILL-24 device that is stuck on “syncing (99% 256b)” On the SKILL-24 device and on other devices from the cluster it shows “up to date” I was wondering if I can force a index redownload from SKILL-24 on my send-only device.

Send-only device:

SKILL-24:

Another device on the cluster:

You can re-send indexes from and two that one device to all other devices by starting it with -reset-deltas on that one device. It might however also be an index difference related to one of the disconnected devices. The output of https://docs.syncthing.net/rest/db-file-get.html for one of the files from both devices could shed some light on that.

2 Likes

Thanks, it worked. Just another question, would it be safe to start all devices with -reset-deltas at the same time? Or doing so could break stuff?

It should be safe - it will generate a lot of activity at once and thus essentially do some stress testing, and that might reveal a bug, hopefully not.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.