insufficient space on disk for database in the Phone!

I’m running Syncthing on my laptops and phone. As u can see in thr picture, I get the error: “insufficient space on disk for database” and the path is: /data/user/0/com.mutomic.syncthingandroid/files/index-v0.14.0.db.

I have no idea how to get there, what’s in there or why this folder has space issues; I have enough space in my internal disk (at least 2GB).

You can’t get there without root, and even if you could, the only solution here is to either sync fewer files with Syncthing or to uninstall other apps that take space in the /data partition.

You should be able to see how much space on that partition is taken per app if you go the Android settings and check the storage-related information.

Thanks! is this storgae location changeable? Can I change it to another partition? I mean, does Syncthing by default store there the data?

No, you can’t change the database location on Android.

See the minDiskFree section in Syncthing’s documentation.

Syncthing’s default unit for “minDiskFree” is percent of volume size and a 1% threshold. So working backwards for a typical Android footprint (with A/B updates) and filesystem overhead, 0.85% free space remaining error means your phone’s internal storage is probably 256 GB.

Running out of storage could corrupt your Syncthing database, but if you’re willing to risk it, you could change the units from percentage to GB, MB, or even KB and then set a custom fixed size.

But as @tomasz86 already recommended, pruning unused apps and data is the better solution (a lot of apps have huge temporary data caches).

What is the total gigabyte size of the drive on your phone and how much is free according to Google files?

32gb phones don’t have much free space available after the operating system and a few apps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.