"insufficient space on disk for database" error while disk above value required

For a while now I’ve been getting some weird error on top of my Syncthing GUI:

<small>2023-02-02 10:20:47:</small> Error on folder "YYY" (XXX): insufficient space on disk for database (C:\Users\ZZZ\AppData\Local\Syncthing\index-v0.14.0.db): current 0.61 % < required 1 %

<small>2023-02-02 10:20:47:</small> Error on folder "YYY" (XXX): insufficient space on disk for database (C:\Users\ZZZ\AppData\Local\Syncthing\index-v0.14.0.db): current 0.61 % < required 1 %

<small>2023-02-02 10:20:50:</small> Error on folder "YYY" (XXX): insufficient space on disk for database (C:\Users\ZZZ\AppData\Local\Syncthing\index-v0.14.0.db): current 0.61 % < required 1 %

<small>2023-02-03 10:39:39:</small> Error on folder "Default Folder" (default): insufficient space on disk for database (C:\Users\ZZZ\AppData\Local\Syncthing\index-v0.14.0.db): current 0.71 % < required 1 %

<small>2023-02-03 10:39:44:</small> Error on folder "YYY" (XXX): insufficient space on disk for database (C:\Users\ZZZ\AppData\Local\Syncthing\index-v0.14.0.db): current 0.71 % < required 1 %

Those errors don’t really make sense to me, as my system drive (C:) got 21.3 GB out of 236GB so that’s way over the required 1%. Even Secondary Drive (D:) got 179GB free out of 465GB. And I’m 100% sure I didn’t delete any files between that date and now (or at least not in a significant amount to get from 0.61% to almost 9%).

This is the latest occurrence but it occurred a few times in the past already, generally I just restart Syncthing and the error just goes, I used to think that it was because I was kinda close to the 1% mark (a few weeks ago) but cleared up the system drive quite a bit and it still appears…

For context I’m using Synctrayzor 1.1.28, Syncthing version 1.23.0.

We just go by what the operating system reports. Perhaps there is some magical compression on the drive that makes it look like it’s available, but used by the equivalent of windows time machine or something.

Well, just had it this morning as well when starting up the computer. I’ll try to monitor real fast when the OS starts up how the disk usage is looking. Since it’s a corporate computer, I’m now thinking that it might be the opposite: something eats up all the remaining disk space and releases it after it’s done.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.