a.JPG

b.JPG

c.JPG

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Ignore list

!*.jpg

At this time, the number of files displayed in global status and local status is 3, and everything is normal

When I delete 1.jpg, the number of files displayed in global and local status is 2, which is normal

When I rename 2.jpg to d, the number of files displayed in global and local status is 1, which is normal

However, when I rename 3.jpg to 3.JGP, the number of files displayed in global and local status is still 1, even if I manually rescan

The above problem occurred on Android 8.0. I looked at the file system as f2fs.But I didn’t see the above problems when I tested on ext4 of Ubuntu 18.0.4

I didn’t share folders to any devices in the process above

I guess file system on Android is case insensitive but ignore patterns are not. Probably the default in Syncthing should be changed, in the meantime you probably want the (?i) on your ignore patterns to make them case insensitive.

Also, this is already covered in the documentation, so check there first before starting new threads.

Are case sensitive file systems common on android? Seems like a case for a change of the default otherwise.

(And maybe an (?s) modifier?)

Android uses emulated storage in recent versions which is case sensitive. Before that it used fat32, especially on sdcards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.