Ignore a specific folder and contents

It appears that I need the dummies version of how to ignore a folder. I’m syncing Libraries\Documents\ between two windows PCs. Within the Documents folder, I have a folder “Snagit” and I DO NOT want to sync it between the two PCs. Initially, I entered “D:\Libraries\Documents\Snagit” on one of the PCs (the path on the other PC is dfferent, e.g. “R:\Libraries\Documents\Snagit”. This did not resolve the issue. I reread the documentation and changed the line to “Snagit”, still the folder is attempting to sync. What the heck am I doing wrong?

I tried to resolve the issue by what I see at https://docs.syncthing.net/users/ignoring.html however what I see vs what I understand is two different things. I just don’t understand the examples just don’t make sense to me.

Entering just Snagit is the correct solution. Since the files are already syncing / partially synced they will remain – ignoring something doesn’t make Syncthing remove it. You will need to remove the files manually after ignoring them on both sides.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.