How would i preform a 3 way sync for a project?

hello, i’m looking for a way to make a way that allows all 3 users to sync up with each other while one person is offline. currently it’s setup like image 1 however i wanna have it setup like image 2.

image2

how would i be going about this? i think i have an idea on how to do it by having person 1 and person 2 connect to each other, but i’m concerned of it overriding files that are important so i wanted to ask here first to make sure

What is the folder type set to on each device at the moment?

i have it set on send & receive however the other parties can’t see it themselves

EDIT: nvm i got this image from one

unknown25

Yeah, so with Send & Receive everywhere it doesn’t really matter if you keep the current configuration or just connect all devices together. The reason is that even right now, if one of the other devices does unwanted modifications, they will still sync with each other through your computer anyway.

yeah but right now it’s only i can receive what’s given to me and what’s given to me is given to the other person, i want it to be a three way where it goes to me and person 1 and 2, but person 1 and 2 can send to each other while i’m offline, and any other combination

i will admit i messed up the original image 1 it should’ve been back and forth between just me

Please keep in mind though that with Send & Receive, what you get from person 1 will also immediately be sent by your computer to person 2 (unless you manually pause and unpause each device in Syncing on demand). The benefit from connecting person 1 with person 2 is that they will still sync even if your computer is offline, and also that syncing between them should be a little quicker.

Please keep in mind though that with Send & Receive, what you get from person 1 will also immediately be sent by your computer to person 2

i understood this part of it, this is how it works right now.

The benefit from connecting person 1 with person 2 is that they will still sync even if your computer is offline, and also that syncing between them should be a little quicker.

this is the part i do want though, and i assume i’d have both of them connect to each other on the same folder so that it’s like image 2? right?

Yeah, the synchronisation will just be more robust that way. The general advice is to connect everything with everything unless you’ve got a large number of devices and/or specific needs or circumstances.

alright that’s good then, i just wanted to make sure cause i didn’t want to risk breaking anything. thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.