How to: sync subfolders

Is this possible? I am coming here from gbridge which appears to have finally died in the last week. I am considering syncthing but can’t seem to find an answer to this anywhere. Thanks in advance for the help.

What do you mean? Syncthing already syncs subfolders. Do you mean nested folders?

Thanks for the response. Apparently I mean nested folders. I will try to describe my experience:

I set up a sync on a folder and syncthing showed “up to date” but didn’t download any of the folders (and thus any of the files) to the target machine that were within the synced folder.

Does that make sense? Is there a way to do this?

Sorry, but I still have no clue what you are talking about. Perhaps you have something like master setting enabled which prevents receiving any files from the remote machine?

So I set up a sync on folder ‘A’. Inside folder ‘A’ are folders ‘B’, ‘C’, and ‘D’. On the target machine folders ‘B’, ‘C’, and ‘D’, were not downloaded and because there are no files in folder ‘A’ nothing at all was downloaded. Does that makes sense?

I don’t see how this could happen.

Folder A B C D, are these filesystem folders or syncthing folders? If they are syncthing folders, then I don’t think this is even possible, because syncthing creates folders if they are missing. Even if it’s filesystem folders, we sync all directories regardless if they are empty or not. I can only imagine this happening If you are using syncthing-gtk or syncthing-inotify which don’t report to us about folder creation if it doesn’t have any files.

Thanks for your continued responses. I really do appreciate it. One more question for clarity - If I create another folder ‘E’ within folder ‘A’ you’re saying that Syncthing will automatically detect that and sync it between the two remote machines?

If it’s a filesystem folder which is inside a syncthing folder which is being synced, then yes. If it’s a new syncthing folder we are talking about, then all devices which the folder is shared with will get a prompt saying XYZ is sharing a folder with you, would you like to add it? etc.

Thank you. Yes, I’m talking about a file system folder. I will try again to see if I can make it work. Thank you for your help.