How to sync only few subfolders in one big folder?

I want feature like group of sync folders, but may be it can do with ignore patterns? How can i do it? At image many small folders that syncing to Android. It should be beautiful if there are will be in one record of sync task.

You already mention ignore patterns, which can be used to share a parent folder and then only actually sync some of the children - what about it isn’t meeting your needs?

How can I share only needs subfolders with ignore patterns?

Have you seen https://docs.syncthing.net/users/ignoring.html?

Can you explain why: frobble # ignored, due to parent being ignored; “!frobble” doesn’t help?

That’s outdated information, you can ignore that. I’ll update that, thanks for finding.

Is such a pattern possible:

** #ignoring all; !frobble #share frobble; !quuz #share quuz.

?

You might want to have a look at this discussion:

Something like this would be really useful for Syncthing. It would be great to be able to have a Syncthing client add-on that can allow one to browse directories and files and then select to download them. It would be really handy for remote working, self-hosted high-availability of files, and increased transfer speed (although syncthing seems to have some big speed issues at times).

It would be great to have a shared directory, but not have to sync everything in it, and like the previous posters said not have to do a million exclusion rules to get what you want. Click download, done. A selective-sync. Could also have a directory tree where you checkbox folders/files sorta like a backup program has. Select what you want from a Syncthing shared folder and it syncs. The rest stays on pause.

No need for a huge list of exclude rules, especially if the list of includes is relatively short. Start .stignore with a list of include patterns and then blanket ignore the rest with a ** at the bottom (it also covers any new folders that aren’t added as a subfolder of any folders already explicitly included):

!/sync/this/folder
!/sync/this/music.mp3

There are technical issues to displaying a large list of checkboxes and/or menu entries in a webpage (imagine a folder with thousands of files), so a file manager type web interface is much more difficult than it first appears.

1 Like