How to setup a increased sync from one device to multi device properly?

I’ve been using Syncthing for a long time. But I’m still can’t find a proper way to do this.

Here is the devices situation:

• Device A is a Android phone, the folder need to sync is /sdcard/DCIM/Camera, which is the camera folder.
  • Device B is a PC, the synced folder path is D:/Camera
  • Device C is another PC, the synced folder path is D:/Camera

And the sync demands:

• When the Android device shot new photos, the new photos will be synced to other two PCs.
  • When the Android device deleted photos, these photos on the two PCs won’t be deleted.
  • When one of the PCs deleted or edited photos, all other devices will sync the changes.

In general, it’s trying to ignore deletion from one specific device.

I’ve used the ‘Ignore Delete’ advanced option on PCs, but it have these problems:

• The deletion from one PC(A) can’t be synced to PC(B), vice versa.
  • I don’t know why but the Android Syncthing always shows some items (which are the deleted photos) not synced yet.

Now my temporary setup is:

• set the PCs to receive only mode
  • set the PCs’ Ignore Delete on

Wish there’ll be a better way to handle the increased backup demand.

Thanks!

There are reasons why ignoreDelete is not recommended :wink:. I’d say both of the above work as expected.

If you want to continue using ignoreDelete and still sync the folder between the two computers properly, then I’d suggest to simply create yet another folder in Syncthing using the exact same path (i.e. D:/Camera), and then share it as Send & Receive between the two PCs only.

I got a relatively better method:

First:

• Device A is a Android phone, the folder need to sync is /sdcard/DCIM/Camera, which is the camera folder.
  • Device B is a PC, the synced folder path is D:/Camera, set Trash File Versioning and Versions Path set to D:/Camera Store
  • Device C is another PC, the synced folder path is D:/Camera, set Trash File Versioning and Versions Path set to D:/Camera Store

These folders set to a sync group. And set another group between two PCs to sync D:/Camera Store

So when the Android deletes photos, the photos on PC will be moved to D:/Camera Store, and the editing of photos in D:/Camera Store on one PC can be synced to another PC.

The downside is that: If the D:/Camera Store have thousands of photos, opening the Versions panel of D:/Camera will be a disaster, for the versions list will contains thousands of items:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.