Hi, I found some similar topics but without a proper solution.
At the moment I have a BitTorrent Sync 1.4.111 setup with the following devices:
- 1x NAS (HP N54L with Debian Stable) - only on if needed
- 1x Pi 1B (Raspbian) - always on
- 1x Tower PC (Windows 10) - only on if needed
- 3x Notebook (Ubuntu / Debian Unstable / Debian Unstable) - only on if needed
- 1x Pi 1B (Raspbian) - offsite in my parents’ house - always on
Despite some minor glitches this has been working really well for several years now. Nevertheless, this version is very old and the current Resilio Sync does not work properly on the old Pi systems.
Therefore I am currently thinking of migrating everything to Syncthing. I did a test with one Pi, one Notebook and my Tower PC. It worked quite well and I love the Web GUI, but I did not manage to keep the Pi’s external HD spun down when there was no sync activity. I did the obvious and set the rescan interval to some long time, but this did not help.
The Pi has a SD card for its system (read-only) and everything else (data and syncthing itself including configuration and database) resides on the external HD.
Has anyone managed to keep the HDDs spun down without moving everything to an SSD or RAM Disk?