I want to use syncthing to keep a copy of a master folder. My scenario is this:
- I have one device X with data (say, a smartphone with a photos directory)
- I want to keep an up-to-date copy of these data on my other computers (say, NAS, desktop PC)
- Device X is the master version. Any change on X overrides the copies on the other computers.
- No change on a copy should change the master.
- When a file is removed on one of the copies, it may not be removed on the master.
- When a file is removed on one of the copies, it must be recreated from the master next time the master goes online.
- When a file is renamed on one of the copies, it must be removed next time the master goes online (no dangling filenames).
I have tried using the “read-only” option in syncthing, but that didn’t really do the trick.
What is the proper configuration for this scenario?