How do I change the path of the trash folder?

Is the default trash directory ~/.stversion/ or in the folder itself (so for the starting default folder ~/Sync/.stversion? If it is the latter, this completely resolves my question.

My home directory is located on a relatively small SSD. I mount a data folder in my home partition. This is partition where most of the files I want to sink will reside (probably only sync one folder of small text files in my home directory). I would like to define the trash location to be on this partition.

Is it only possible to define the path for .stversions with the staggered file versioning or through a custom script? Can I use the default trash or simple file versioning with the trash not located at /home/myUser/.stversions?

The .stversions folder lives in the root of the folder being synchronized. So e.g. ~/Sync/.stversions.

1 Like

You cannot modify the stversions folder location. You can however reimplement the versioning in some external tool and make it move stuff somewhere else than .stversions via the external versioner.

2 Likes