how can I break up a shared-folder, for sync'ing

Hello, as a NEWBIE to Syncthing, I have to ask the following question - about “breaking up ONE really big, single folder - into a number of smaller-sync’d indexed subfolders” … to a secondary Backup PC/Syncthing-device, on my home-network.

I originally tried to “SYNC” my ENTIRE 4.1Terabyte MEDIA=Storage homeserver’s primary storage folder (including AudioBooks, Music, Movies & TVShows)… ALL IN ONE GO … onto a secondary LOCAL-HOME-SERVER connected via a gigabit desktop ethernet hub, on the same homenetwork - specifially, between TWO identical HP N40L Proliant Microservers, running OpenMediaVault 5, with Docker/Portainer and Syncthing — only, IT CHOKED ; 2-3days later, indexing was still/stuck at 14% !

IMAGINE, that you/i have a PRIMARY home server with “4.1Terabytes” of mediafiles …

*) where 0.100terabytes; are just 30Gbs of AUDIOBOOKS and 70Gbs of MUSIC … *) and where 0.600Terabytes are MOVIES; both old +++ NEW *) and where the bulk of datafiles are 3.400Terabytes of TVSHOWS (listed A-Z) … all under ONE PRIMARY “parent” /MEDIA/TVShows subfolder

let’s also assume that "my AUDIOBOOKS and MUSIC libraries dont change from minute to minute … and that “I” manually rsync/backup them to “my” secondary-backup server-device - and that I am looking to use SYNCTHING, to match my primary servers 600+GB’s of MOVIES, into the same-folder-on-the-target=backup-server, on a regular basis … onto my SECONDARY home-backup-server.

and that, I have setup the “JUST THE MOVIES FOLDER” - and Syncthing, scanned and indexed those 600Gb’s … eventually … A’OKAY

I STARTED TO HAVE A PROBLEM when SyncThing tried to intiate a complete-big INTIAL-SCAN of the other 3.4Gb’s of local:TVSHOWS (A~~Z) “all-in-one-go” … // as I had previously:MANUALLY copied ALL OF THOSE SAME MOVIES and TVSHOWS, via a NFS file share, directly onto the other target HP N40L secondary fileserver, some 48/72hrs earlier — the SyncThing docker tool kept reporting “out of sync” !!! *** even after I RESET Permissions and ACL’s [to both OMV root:users] on both target & source FILEServers

… now HERE IS MY NEWBIE QUESTION (?)

can I start, by creating an intial PRIMARY Sharedfolder under:SyncThing, where the "shared-TV subfolders=ONLY-matches the content from subfolders between A*~G* (such as Alias, Altered Carbon, American Gods, Archer (2009), Arrow, Boston Legal, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Castle (2009), Cheers, Chuck, Doctor Who (2005), Game of Thrones, God Friended Me, etc,) - from my Master-Server’s MEDIA/TVSHOWS folder … that includes (just those 100’s of GB’s-subfolders 'within pattern’s [A*,B*,C*,D*,E*,F*,G*] … and excluding ANY&ALL my-other 1000’s of “X Files TV Episodes” and such/everything else) {from H* thru Z*} …

+++ and then can I make ANOTHER/2nd/Separate “shared-folders; H~N scan-match” AGAINST THAT SAME Master-Server’s [parent] MEDIA/TVSHOWS folder, with a different-ignore/include-mask … that includes (JUST those OTHER-EXTRA 100’s of GB’s-subfolders; starting WITH [H*,I*,J*,K*,L*,M*,N*] … and excluding all other both <before A~G ‘AND’ after O~Z, matching-subfolders> of those 1000’s of other “X Files TV Episodes” and everything else)

+++ and then can I make ANOTHER/3nd/Separate “shared-folders; O~Z” AGAIN, against that SAME Master-Server’s [parent] MEDIA/TVSHOWS folder … that AGAIN also includes (just those many-100’s of GB’s-subfolders excluding [A* thru N*] … and including only my <O,P,Q,R,S,T~Z> 100’s of “X Files TV Episodes” and such)

SO THAT EACH SUBSEQUENT MINI "Home Server SYNCTHING : Sync job, only has to scan thru those THIRDS-OF-A-LOT-OF-100’s of ABCDEFG’s and such, at a time’ ???

[?] or do I just have to SELECT THE PARENT /“MEDIA/TVSHOWS” with *ALL of it’s [A~~~Z] 4.1Terabytes and wait/wait/wait/wait/wait/wait… for 100% scanning to complete.

whilst reading the syncthing docs- I found references to the .STIGNORE hidden file/mask … but this only pertains to a *WHOLE PHYSICAL SHARED-ROOT-FOLDER …

I just dont want my homeserver RE-SCANNING THE ENTIRE 4.1Terabytes … over-and-over-again/ day after day, whenever a single 480Mb “this weeks latest NCIS tv episode of that series, gets ADDED”, to an ongoing TVSHOW.

can you give a short (!) summary of what you want to achieve please - for me this text is to long/to much context

Maybe is good to make a positive Ignore list with * and ! according

https://docs.syncthing.net/users/ignoring.html