High CPU and plugin unusable in Freenas

I use the Syncthing plugin v1.1.1 in Freenas 11.2-U3. After using the plugin for a few days and synced ~1 TB, the plugin started to behave weirdly and consume a high amount of CPU up to the point the even the FreeNAS web dashboard and any other jail became very slow and almost unresponsive. Looking for the problem online I found an article suggesting to turn off continuous scanning. Unfortunately, the web dashboard is so unresponsive that when I click “save” in the directory configuration, the change is not saved.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

You should check the web ui to understand what it’s doing. 1TB on such a low powered device is probably too much. You can shut syncthing down, modify the config by hand and start it back up.

I believe Syncthing went into a bad state. I solved by unmounting the disk, removed all the directories, mounted the disk again, re added the directories making sure the continuous scanning was disabled. It’s been running for a few days and it looks fine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.