I love Syncthing, but I’m a pretty basic user and I’m hoping you can help me understand a relatively simple setup.
- I have loads of photos and videos on my phone (like most people), periodically it gets too full and I need to empty it.
- Emptying it on the mobile is a faff due to slow wifi speeds, sorting on the phone is fiddly and Google are constantly trying to push you to their cloud services, so they make it deliberately hard.
- Ideally I’d create a ‘synced’ folder on my NAS, that basically just shows a perfect copy of what’s on my phone.
- Then, if I delete or move a photo/video out of this NAS folder, syncthing would spot and remove it from my phone also at the next sync.
- This would mean I could rapidly sort through photos with all the benefits/speed of big screen, multi monitors, mouse etc!
Sorry if this is a stupidly obviously question and syncthing might do this by default, I just can’t get my head around how it knows ‘which way’ to sync - ie if I delete a file on my NAS, how does it know whether to copy a new version from my phone to restore it or to delete off my phone!?