Hi . . .
I have six Windows devices, Android and a Synology NAS.
All the devices synchronize some folders perfectly with the NAS without my having assigned further permissions than those proposed by default.
This premise to state that Syncthing is already working well and that the new operation I intend to perform will be done on devices already existing on Syncthing!
My intention is to have in each of these 6 devices a folder shared between all devices. Unfortunately, at the beginning a mysterious problem prevents me from synchronizing the second device with the first!
At the start, on the first device an ACER laptop I created a folder that I called “SharedSyncthing”. Inside this folder I have placed a files and a folder with some files.
I opened Syncthing on (existing device) Acer (ID: 24BDGKP - ******* - ******* - ******* - ******* - ******* - ******* - D3RH6AN)
I created a new synchronization between Acer and NAS device (NAS already existing on Syncthing) which is “Connected (not used)” AHG2DXD - ******* - ******* - ******* - ******* - ******* - ******* - P7UFFAJ:
- In the “General” tab I clicked on “Add folder”. At the “Folder Path” I indicated “D:\SharedSyncthing”. In “Label for the folder” I indicated: “SharedSyncthing”
- In the “Sharing” tab I have checked (for now) the only box that points to the NAS device.
- In the “File Version Control” and “File Exclusion Schemes” and “Advanced” tabs I left everything as default (In the “Advanced” tab under “Folder Type” Send & Receive is selected by default)
- I saved. Now the “Shared Syncthing” folder has appeared on Syncthing on the Acer laptop whose ID is: 2g *** - *** vk
- After saving, the “.stfolder” folder has been created in the shared folder on the Acer laptop.
- On Syncthing in the NAS I immediately received the invitation to share the folder with the same ID: 2g *** - *** vk - All data set on the Acer laptop synchronization are replicated correctly and in the “Sharing” tab is selected (rightly) only Acer. - On the NAS file manager I found the correct path to the folder “/volume1/homes/XXX-XXX/Drive/CondivisaSyncthing” that I used in Syncthing (as I have already done for all the other folders).
- To confirm the sharing on the NAS for the “SharedSyncthing” folder I get “Not synchronized”.
- In an attempt to start the synchronization, I also subsequently added to the “Shared Syncthing” folder on the NAS the “rslsync” and “sc-syncthing” permissions for reading and writing (which in all other synchronizations that are already working there are not), without success.
- On the SharedSyncthing folder on the Acer laptop, I have enabled “Advanced Sharing” allowing “Everyone” to read and write.
- I also tried - unsuccessfully - to check the “Ignore permissions” box in the “Advanced” tab.
Why do I get the “Out of sync” warning?
Sorry for the length!