"folder path missing" for webdav disk

I connected a cloud folder via webdav. I can access it with cmd and explorer but Syncthing says:

2019-03-12 14:15:30: Failed to create folder root directory mkdir \?: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

2019-03-12 14:15:30: Error on folder “photos” (fwfwc-4yevu): folder path missing

I tried 2 webdav applications to mount the cloud drive - issue is still there. Using latest version. Any suggestions?

Are you using v1.1.0 and if yes, did it work with earlier versions?

using syncthing-windows-amd64-v1.1.0 Didn’t try earlier versions.

1. It didn’t work from the very beginning.
  2. Somehow it started to work and was ok for several days. Even it was very slow
  3. Restarted the application today and got the problem.

I guess your webdav applications just don’t support the windows long filename prefix (\\?\). Instead of investing any time into this, I’d rather think about your sync infrastructure more generally. Running Syncthing on a webdav mount doesn’t seem like a particularly good idea anyway.

I recall webdav on windows to be very unstable because if you don’t make registry hacks it limits max file size for example.

I am using this just to backup my home photo archive from home NAS. Any tested webdav apps for Windows?

Why don’t you run syncthing on the NAS and on the desktop/mobile?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.