Folder Master and RW Nodes (again)

Hi,

i need some feature, that is called Read/Write Access and Read-Only on BTSync. I guess for my case it is the only missing thing besides Proxy-support.

if a node has got the RW-Key , it can send the repo to other nodes if a node is only read-Only, it can only receive and distribute the files.

So there should be a possibility to have more contributors for one Repository, thats the goal.

Maybe a FolderMaster/FolderMaster-Sync would be a small solution for this.

also described here:

thanks and sorry for raising this again… but this seems to be a pretty need

Markus

Maybe instead of master as a per repo setting we should do something like this as a checkbox for every node under “Share with Devices”, something like “do not accept changes from this node”.

I could imagine a solution to get something like this with the current implementation of the master: -Devices with write access have a repo “abc” which they don’t share with the devices that should be read only -devices with write access add another repo “abc-readonly” which points to the same folder as “abc” and set the option “Folder Master” and share it only with the devices that get read only.

• see if you get errors thrown at you because this is probably a bad idea :smiley: (should work if you only have one master that distributes the repo to the readonly devices)

@Alex: yes, indeed. thats the readonly-flag (key) for users as implemented on BTSync…

so a checkbox per Device “do not accept changes from this node” would implement the same.

you are completely right. thanks for this suggestion

Continuing the discussion from Three node syncthing with two masters:

1 Like