File (not) deletion in backup/sync server

I’ve set up a Syncthing server (using Docker) to help with my backup routine at work.

I have a main “Work In Progress” folder on my computer at my office that is backed up to the server at home while the jobs are still not finished. When finished I send those jobs to their respective archive and backup disks using some other application.

The thing is, syncthing is not deleting the files/folders I delete in my office computer. Have I set anything the wrong in syncthing or is this the default behaviour?

My intended behaviour is that this folder on my server at home would be a prefect mirror of my works folder in my office computer. When a new file is created or updated, the change happens also in the server and when I delete something in the office computer, it also gets deleted in the server.

The files are being created, I’m going to double check if they are being updated, but I do believe they are. But when a file is deleted there, it’s not being deleted in the server.

It’s kind of “rsync -a” behaviour, that won’t delete files unless you specifically use the “–delete” thing.

I thought of file permissions, but the files are being created and mostly updated, so I don’t know if it could be. Anyway, the container has been created with my UID and GID and the target folder is owned by the same user:group

Adding a few information as I’m researching and trying to figure this out:

• Ignore Delete not marked on the server nor on the office computer;
  • Neither office or server set to introducer;
  • File versioning is set to simple, but it means the deleted files/folders should have been moved to the .stversions folder, right?

Everything you wrote looks correct basically. Sorry I have no idea why deletions would not be synced. It is definitely the intended behavior. Anything in the logs that might help find the reason?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.