Feature request: Add control buttons to notification shade in Android version

Since I am not a native English speaker, I used machine translation. Please forgive me if there are any errors in expression.

As the title describes, I hope that the Android version can add control buttons in the notification shade (like the system’s own “dark mode”).

Hi, as you know, some people have severe “battery anxiety” (like me) and they are always worried about whether any software is running when it is not being used. Even if they know that a piece of software actually uses very little power in the background, they still feel anxious.

So I think it is a very good solution to add a button in the notification shade to easily control the startup and shutdown of Syncthing. Even let it have more complex functions such as “closing the process after completing a synchronization”.

Thanks!

Welcome here @Cochleari4 !

A fundamental principle in Syncthing is that it silently does its job without human intervention. For the exact reason you have stated, “battery anxiety”, you can define run conditions in a way that Syncthing, for example, only runs while charging. So what you IMO are REALLY after is implemented already. When run conditions are not fulfilled Syncthing does not drain the battery. Rest assured!

Expanding on @martinleben’s recommendation, there’s an earlier forum thread that might be helpful: An idea to reduce battery usage on mobile

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I’m sorry for not replying in time as I’ve been busy for a while. But during this time I found a fork that added some buttons in the notification shade, which just met my needs. Here it is: https://github.com/Catfriend1/syncthing-android