Failed to start Syncthing!!!

firstly, I download and run this executable and a web based user interface.(https://github.com/syncthing/syncthing/releases/download/v1.22.1/syncthing-windows-amd64-v1.22.1.zip) but I found that what i need is the app with GUI(Release Version 1.1.29 · canton7/SyncTrayzor · GitHub). but then found this problem, image I use windows ,what should i do to solve this problem? I’ve tried clicking the “Kill all Syncthing processes” button, but there are no processes to kill.

Check the log as the dialog suggests?

where to find the log?

If I recall correctly, its usually shown at the bottom of the UI, but I haven’t used SyncTrayzor in a while so might be wrong.

logs as follows; [monitor] 20:36:06 INFO: Log output saved to file “C:\Users\TOP\AppData\Local\Syncthing\syncthing.log” [start] 20:36:06 INFO: syncthing v1.18.1 “Fermium Flea” (go1.16.6 windows-amd64) teamcity@build.syncthing.net 2021-07-30 12:41:57 UTC [start] 20:36:06 WARNING: Failed to initialize config: config file version (37) is newer than supported version (35). If this is expected, use -allow-newer-config to override. [monitor] 20:36:07 INFO: Log output saved to file “C:\Users\TOP\AppData\Local\Syncthing\syncthing.log” [start] 20:36:07 INFO: syncthing v1.18.1 “Fermium Flea” (go1.16.6 windows-amd64) 2021-07-30 12:41:57 UTC [start] 20:36:07 WARNING: Failed to initialize config: config file version (37) is newer than supported version (35). If this is expected, use -allow-newer-config to override. [monitor] 20:36:07 INFO: Log output saved to file “C:\Users\TOP\AppData\Local\Syncthing\syncthing.log” [start] 20:36:07 INFO: syncthing v1.18.1 “Fermium Flea” (go1.16.6 windows-amd64) 2021-07-30 12:41:57 UTC [start] 20:36:07 WARNING: Failed to initialize config: config file version (37) is newer than supported version (35). If this is expected, use -allow-newer-config to override. [monitor] 20:36:07 INFO: Log output saved to file “C:\Users\TOP\AppData\Local\Syncthing\syncthing.log” [start] 20:36:07 INFO: syncthing v1.18.1 “Fermium Flea” (go1.16.6 windows-amd64) 2021-07-30 12:41:57 UTC [start] 20:36:07 WARNING: Failed to initialize config: config file version (37) is newer than supported version (35). If this is expected, use -allow-newer-config to override.

I still can’t solve it :joy:

This is a known problem. You need to delete the built-in syncthing.exe binary that SyncTrayzor comes with and replace it with the current version that can be downloaded from the official site.

You should be able to find detailed instructions if you search either the forum or the SyncTrayzor’s GitHub issues for “synctrayzor newer config”.

it’s very diffcult to solve this problem for me. i tried to reinstall this app, but it still does not work. anyway, thanks a lot !

You could try uninstalling both Syncthing and SyncTrayzor and then reinstall SyncTrayzor.

If you have already started syncing folders, then follow this step by step solution from SyncTrayzor issue 720 – copied here for convenience:

• Ensure SyncTrayzor and syncthing are closed
  • Download the latest release of syncthing (Windows 64-bit(x86-64))
  • Extract the .zip
  • Copy syncthing.exe from the extracted .zip
  • Open File Explorer
  • Click into the Address bar
  • Delete the existing text, enter %appdata% press enter
  • Navigate into SyncTrayzor
  • Paste syncthing.exe here, overwriting the existing file
  • Launch SyncTrayzor
1 Like

It works! thank you very much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.