Failed items

I have input/output errors on a mounted NFS folder.

Running Syncthing “Erbium Earthworm” on 64-bit Linux Mint 20.3. The connected device is Windows 10.

Messages that I don’t know how to resolve. Need help. Thanks.

Screenshot from 2022-10-29 09-42-56

Not sure about the failed items, but the “filesystem watcher errors” that you see at the top are expected. You need to disable file watching in the folder settings when using remote storage. Also, the “Erbium Earthworm” indicates that you’re running a heavily outdated version of Syncthing that comes from the distribution’s repository. You may want to have a look at https://apt.syncthing.net and follow the instructions there in order to upgrade to the current one first.

1 Like

I’ve updated my copy of syncthing and disabled watching the NFS folders. Things seem to be working much better now. Thank you so much for the info. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s great to hear :slightly_smiling_face:. You may want to tweak the rescan interval though, as with file watching disabled it defaults to 60 seconds, which isn’t really designed for remote storage with much slower access time than local one (especially with this amount of data). I’d experiment with something like 5 minutes or higher, depending on how quickly you need to detect changes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.