Error setting up MacLaptop and win11

Hy there.

Total Newbie here… I set up syncthing on my Mac Laptop which I use for DJing and my Win11 PC so my playlists would be the same on my dj software.

Everything works fine from the mac side, but as soon as I want to sync the folders in windows I get the following messages:

2024-01-26 12:47:27: Failed to create folder root directory CreateFile \?\C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\VirtualDJ\Playlists: Access is denied.

2024-01-26 12:47:27: Error on folder Playlists: CreateFile \?\C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\VirtualDJ\Playlists: Access is denied.

I also included my setup on the windows side

Thanks to everyone reading and taking their time to help.

:+1:t2:

How did you install syncthing on Windows?

With the SyncthingWindowsSetup v1.27.2

If you didn’t already do this…

1. Uninstall Syncthing.
  2. Log on as user “chris”.
  3. Run syncthing-1.27.2-setup.exe again, making sure to select a non-administrative installation.

That way Syncthing will run under user “chris” and have all of the necessary permissions to access files under C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\VirtualDJ\.

2 Likes

Thank you.

At first it didn’t work, but that was my fault, as I still had the old PC set up on the laptop-syncthing. After deleting that over there I was able to set up properly. Just putting it out there, so that other users may be shorten their troubles.

KR