Error setting up MacLaptop and win11

Hy there.

Total Newbie here… I set up syncthing on my Mac Laptop which I use for DJing and my Win11 PC so my playlists would be the same on my dj software.

Everything works fine from the mac side, but as soon as I want to sync the folders in windows I get the following messages:

2024-01-26 12:47:27: Failed to create folder root directory CreateFile \?\C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\VirtualDJ\Playlists: Access is denied.

2024-01-26 12:47:27: Error on folder Playlists: CreateFile \?\C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\VirtualDJ\Playlists: Access is denied.

I also included my setup on the windows side

Thanks to everyone reading and taking their time to help.

:+1:t2:

How did you install syncthing on Windows?

With the SyncthingWindowsSetup v1.27.2

If you didn’t already do this…

1. Uninstall Syncthing.
  2. Log on as user “chris”.
  3. Run syncthing-1.27.2-setup.exe again, making sure to select a non-administrative installation.

That way Syncthing will run under user “chris” and have all of the necessary permissions to access files under C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\VirtualDJ\.

2 Likes

Thank you.

At first it didn’t work, but that was my fault, as I still had the old PC set up on the laptop-syncthing. After deleting that over there I was able to set up properly. Just putting it out there, so that other users may be shorten their troubles.

KR

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.