Error on folder: user name or password is incorrect clears on rescan

I am getting the following error:

Error on folder “…” (…): CreateFile …\Scanned_Documents: The user name or password is incorrect.

At the time this error happens the receiving folder is shown as Stopped. However if I hit Rescan on the folder the error gets cleared and the syncing starts working again. It works for about 4-5 hours each time and then errors out again.

A quick overview of my setup. I have an in office but out of network scanning Windows PC (send only folder) that I am sending scans to an in network shared folder on a windows server (receive only folder).

Weirdly enough I had this same setup using a different Windows server for months with no issue. Two weeks ago I needed to switch the server for receiving the scans and this started happening. I am using a different network user on the new server, but it has the proper rights to the network shared folder.

I’m not sure what to try other than maybe nuking the whole setup and starting from scratch again.

I don’t think it’s really a syncthing question.

Your file share setup seems fail to authenticate, this is not much todo with syncthing.

Ok thank you. Nice to eliminate something.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.