Error in connecting to relay server

(Cn Mayank) #1

I launched a private relay server(inside a container) and configured two Syncthing instance to use it via static relay address. Syncthing instance could connect to(i.e. register) with the relay server (see point 1 below) but for transferring data the devices remained in disconnected state with the connection issue shown in point 2.

1. listener.go:117: Message protocol.JoinRelayRequest from DWG7AF6-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX listener.go:117: Message protocol.Pong from DWG7AF6-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX

2. structs.go:191: DEBUG: dialing DWG7AF6-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX relay://tcp.ey.devfactory.com:10126/?id=Z3W3VFC-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX&pingInterval=1m0s&networkTimeout=2m0s&sessionLimitBps=0&globalLimitBps=0&statusAddr=:22070&providedBy=codenation error: dial tcp 10.231.128.24:22067: connect: connection refused

I believe it should have tried to connect to 10.231.128.24:10126 as specified in the url in log(relay://tcp.ey.devfactory.com:10126), but it is trying to connect to 10.231.128.24:22067

I am using syncthing version 0.14.38 and syncthing relay version is also 0.14.38. I checked if there is any configuration issue on my end but could not figure it out yet.

(Jakob Borg) #2

Port 22067 isn’t hard coded anywhere in Syncthing itself, so it should not be making it up. Note though that device A will be connecting to the relay address announced by device B, which is the relay address that B is connected to. This may be different from the relay address A is connected to.

So - how is DWG7AF6 connected to the relay? Port 22067 or port 10126?

(Cn Mayank) #3

Hovering over the addresses shown, pops a small “Discovered” message.

(Jakob Borg) #4

So lots of addresses announced on various ports. NAT mappings? I have no idea.

(Cn Mayank) #5

Ok, like I said i am launching the relay server inside a container and this container is launched on a deployment platform(like heroku) and the same platform is making the exposed port accessible via “tcp.ey.devfactory.com:10126” and so on. I have requested them for more information on how they are doing port mapping if it might help.

But seems relay server is not supposed to be used via a container behind some port mapper, and launching the relay service on a dedicated instance would definitely work.

Thanks

(Audrius Butkevicius) #6

It should work fine in a container if you set it up correctly.

(Jakob Borg) #7

10 posts were split to a new topic: Relay server sizig

(system) #8

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.