Does Syncthing Lock Folder

I’m using Syncthing on my seedbox to sync my downloaded torrents to a folder on my local unraid server. I’m also using Sonarr with a remote mapping and deluge which is on my seedbox.

Sonarr sends the files I want to deluge which downloads it fine. Syncthing also syncs the files to a folder on my unraid server. That part is fine. The problem I am getting is Sonarr is not able to copy all the files in the folder. I get the following error. In the below case, the first season was dowloaded. Sonarr copied just one file into the final destination but doesn’t copy any of the others. I also will get this error if I am just downloading a single episode of a show but will it actually end up copying the episode to the final destination. I just can’t figure out why I’m getting an error. That fact that one episode will get copied to the folder tells me the path is correct. I’m wondering if Syncthing is locking the files while Sonarr is trying to copy them?

20-5-27 15:50:14.7|Info|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing 100 releases 20-5-27 15:50:16.0|Info|RssSyncService|RSS Sync Completed. Reports found: 100, Reports grabbed: 0 20-5-27 15:53:45.4|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /data/Seedbox_Torrents/The.No.1.Ladies.Detective.Agency.S01.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-RCVR 20-5-27 15:55:15.6|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /data/Seedbox_Torrents/The.No.1.Ladies.Detective.Agency.S01.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-RCVR 20-5-27 15:56:46.0|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /data/Seedbox_Torrents/The.No.1.Ladies.Detective.Agency.S01.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-RCVR

Syncthing doesn’t use file locking.

Ok thanks

Just want to circle back on this. After further investigation I found the issue is that while Syncthing is copying the files from the seedbox to my local server, Radarr is trying to copy the file to the final destination folder while Syncthing is still copying the file. This is what’s causing the error.

Not sure if anyone else has encountered this and found a way around it…

You can probably tell it to ignore files named .syncthing.*

Any idea how? Where exactly would I do that in Sonarr. I checked but didn’t find anything

I really have no idea. But a media management system that automatically copies incoming data without some sort of feature to skip temporary files being uploaded seems like weak sauce.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.