I’m hiring and putting up the ad here first as a preview! (It’s at least semi-on topic as it means working on Syncthing.)
As a developer at Kastelo, you’ll work on several projects and products:
- A SaaS/mobile product for airports by our sister company. (Go & Flutter development, the usual cloud-type DevOps.)
- Various other consulting development work when we get requests from clients. The technologies and frameworks vary but are often somewhere in the Syncthing-related space.
- You should have a developer skillset and mindset. We don’t ask for specific languages and environments; we ask that you’re able and willing to learn. Knowing Unixes, networking, and programming in the traditional Unix/OSS languages is helpful.
- Ability to self-start and self-regulate on project work, and communicate clearly when you need help.
- Able to communicate well in spoken and written English.
- Be in the UTC+2 timezone, plus/minus a few hours, so we have overlapping work days. That means the EU and Africa, more or less.
- Work from wherever. There’s office space in Malmö, Sweden, if you’re around here. You can also work from home; we provide an allowance for setting up a home office.
- Keep your own working hours. As long as there’s reasonable overlap with UTC+2 working hours for communication, feel free to distribute your working time as you see fit.
- Around 3-4 kEUR/month pre-tax salary (this is Swedish junior/mid-level scale). If you invoice, a bit more to cover employer fees & costs.
- Customary EU vacation (4w) & benefits.
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and a CV!