- NAT Traversal and Local Discovery are ON
- Relaying and Global Discovery are OFF
- Two devices, one android running syncthing-fork 1.22.1, and one windows running 1.22.1 connected to the same Wi-Fi, with static private IP for each device.
- In the device address settings, I have set the device address for each device as
<static IP of device>, dynamic.
- Connect both devices to the Wi-Fi Network
- Start syncthing on both devices
- They connect successfully and sync.
- Disconnect Device from the Wi-Fi network, or turn off syncthing in that device, in this case: my android phone, running latest version of syncthing-fork)
- Reconnect device to network/restart syncthing
The devices connect and sync the folders.
It shows Device Disconnected, with an
i/o timeout error below the address.
Restarting syncthing on either end doesn’t always help, but it does work sometimes. What invariably fixes the problem is when I disconnect and reconnect my Windows Device to the wi-fi network.
I'm not sure which end the problem lies with, but it's inconvenient to disconnect and reconnect every time I step outside the range of the wi-fi network with the phone or have to close syncthing on the phone for battery preservation. Also there's this constant background job running in my mind to monitor if the syncthing connection is stil up, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Miscellaneous: I made the private addresses static to add them to syncthing to make the initial connection faster, which seems to have worked, but it’s made no difference to the reconnection reliability.