Devices disconnected when changing a folder settings

After editing a folder through Syncthing GUI, changing any setting and clicking “Save”, the devices that this folder is shared with become “Disconnected”. Then I have to wait the usual tens of seconds for the address to be discovered again and the devices to appear “Connected”.

Is that expected / a bug / something that could be improved? Should I create a GitHub issue to track this?

I use the default Global Discovery servers, if that is relevant.

Syncthing v1.3.1

1 Like

It’s expected and it could be improved, but it’s tricky to get right in the current code base.

I don’t think there are massive tangible benefits of this tho.

I don’t think there are massive tangible benefits of this tho.

I agree. The only benefit I see is the time saved when you’re performing the setup / playing with settings and would like to quickly see if the synchronization works correctly and as expected.

I figured out that - for my setup - the fastest way to get stuff back online again is to restart one of the instances after a config change. That’s a lot faster than waiting for the (re-)connect loop. But that likely depends on how long the inital scan takes on your machines.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.