I have 2 hosts syncing folders with Syncthing v0.14.52: master Windows 10 system with Send-Only folders slave Ubuntu 18.10 system with Receive-Only folders
At first my problem was that I have deleted some files from the folder on the master, but Syncthing won’t delete them from the slave. This issue only affected some of the files, syncing other files in that folder worked normally.
On the master SyncTrazor I saw that the slave is “Syncing 95% 0 bytes”, and it showed “Out of Sync Items | 15 items, ~0 B” the files that I deleted as modified on the master.
On the slave Syncthing-GTK in the folder view it indeed showed that the local state had more files and more GB, but the status was “synced” with a permanent error “Puller: … delete file : file modified but not rescanned; will try again later”. Those messages repeated in the log many times.
Hitting rescan on master and slave did not help.
This is the second time I encountered this issue, last time I just went ahead and deleted the files on the slave manually, which resolved the problem. This time I decided to try removing the folder from slave and adding it back. The result is that after a re-scan all my folders now show “up to date” on both devices, but the mismatched files on the slave are still not deleted, and the master now shows that the slave “Syncing 69% 100 GiB with 200+ out of sync items” but neither the master nor the slave appear to be doing anything and there is no traffic.