That description in the PR sounds exactly like what is happening.
“This problem likely existed for a long time” I can confirm that v1.10.0 also seems to drop indexes on one side, however it looks like they are resent so it does not matter that much.
Running the build from the PR now on the test setup, before the upgrade I had the issue once again there, so it also seems to happen quite often. Will see if it happens again, if not I will try it on the real setup in a few days.
Maybe such processes are normally under circumstances, I don’t know how it works with the indexes. I couldn’t judge that. However, there must be a more substantial difference between v1.10.0 and the following. Quiet seems returned since I downgraded all devices.
Yes Andy, there have been significant changes related to this in v1.11.1 and v1.12.0 - as documented in the changelog. Thanks to all the debugging in this thread we have actually found problems and are fixing them right now. Downgrading may be a necessary and effective measure, but it’s not a permanent solution nor does it help fix problems.
Tested latest fixes on the test setup for a few days without issues so I also tried it today on the real instances: also no out of sync or other issues even after multiple reboots So i guess my problems are fixed.
The bugfixes being made currently will go into the release after 0.12.0, yes. (For the moment it looks like we’ll call it 0.12.1.) There are also the nightly builds for the impatient. (I realise these are not easily available for your Synologies.)
On a Windows 10 device, I tested whether the current nightlys (I’m an impatient tester … ) change something. However, it is then a mixed environment with v1.10.0 with v1.12.0-rc.3-nightly, maybe that’s not okay.
On the Windows 10 device with v1.12.0-rc.3-nightly and all the others except one everything was synchronized, but on that one device with v1.10.0 the synchronization got stuck:
I then went back to v1.10.0 on the Windows 10 device, after which all devices were OK and synchronized again.
That’s how I understood it. It seems to me that with the beginning of v1.11.x there is a bug or condition that will continue to exist until v1.1x.x until it is corrected or changed. Such is my interpretation and hence my question. Maybe there is an assessment of it.