Device name is blank in "Recent Changes"

This is a new share, device name is blank for edits from both sides, on both sides. Still happens whether the device name was left empty to automatically fill or entered manually. This is with Syncthing 1.12.0 for Windows, Ubuntu Linux (deb) and Docker on Linux.

Shortly after posting this, and removing the test share and the Windows device from the Ubuntu machine, the automatically generated device name (not given name) for the Windows machine appeared on the recent changes on Ubuntu.

I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing the same behavior so I have an idea where to start looking if it’s a problem with my network or a bug with syncthing (the windows machine was a completely fresh install just for testing this, have never used syncthing on that device before)

I see the same, the devices that are not directly connected are shown with their ID and others are not (syncthing v1.12.0-rc.4.dev.38.g240ae0c1).

Thanks for your reply, guess it’s not my fault then and I don’t have to drive myself crazy trying to figure out what I did wrong anymore.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon, even though it’s nothing major, just a UI thing, I like to check it occasionally for my sanity to make sure SyncThing is working the way it’s supposed to.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.