Device ID not correct / unexpected device ID

Hi all,

I have an Ubuntu server at home with the latest version of Syncthing. On a off-site location i have another Ubuntu server. Both servers are connected over an OpenVPN connection (home to off-site).

The VPN is handeled by the firewall (home) and the off-site server is routed to a local IP adress.

Home server: 192.168.16.2

VPN/Firewall: 19.168.16.1

Off-site: 192.168.1.51

Samba, SSH, Apache etc. works perfect on the off-site server. Also the Syncthing login page works over the IP 192.168.1.51.

Last year everyrthing works without problems. Since 30-8 i cannot connect them anymore. If i use “dynamic”, the servers don’t see each other. If i use tcp://192.168.51.1:8384 i get a error:

unexpected device id, expected XGVOJTE-6A3FSIS-FKC4PJQ-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX got GWAQQ67-6WH4VVD-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.

If i enter the GWAQQ67 ID i get the same error with yet another ID that the server got.

I’ve got both servers on the latest version of Syncthing and cannot seem to get it working again.

Someone any ideas ?

You are pointing the sync protocol connection to the web ui port.

1 Like

Thanx…i need more coffee :slight_smile: Syncing again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.