Data seems to be copied but stopped at Syncthing 0% + Windows firewall

Hello everyone!

Newbie at using Syncthing, so please be kind :slight_smile:

I’ve set up 2 clients (1. Windows 11 Send only and 2. TrueNAS scale Truecharts App Receive only).

I’m having two problems.

First one: settingup Windows 11 firewall, if I turn it off, LAN connection, if I turn it on (with syncthing exclusion) WAN relay (slow). Is there a guide to set up the windows firewall?

Second one: after the setup the data started flowing (LAN 1Gbps good transfer rate). After a few hours I got the correct disk usage, but Syncthing is stuck at Syncing 0%. I have all the data on the destination but hidden with .syncthing. - Why. I add some screenshots.

Help me if you can :slight_smile:

Marco

Windows Firewall should present you with a pop-up when you launch Syncthing for the first time. As long as you allow it there, there shouldn’t be any problems. Please make sure though that your network is set to “private” and not “public” (see https://support.microsoft.com/windows/make-a-wi-fi-network-public-or-private-in-windows-0460117d-8d3e-a7ac-f003-7a0da607448d) as otherwise Windows won’t allow direct connections to the computer.

As for the other problem, please tick the “Ignore Permissions” box in the folder Advanced settings on both sides and see whether there is any improvement.

“As for the other problem, please tick the “Ignore Permissions” box in the folder Advanced settings on both sides and see whether there is any improvement.”

This is now doing something!!!

Thanks a lot!

I’ll check also the firewall now!

Also firewall is WORKING!!!

Another question.

If I start the kubernetes app after mounting the Samba/NFS share of the foder in sync the app wont start…

It sits there “deployng” forever.

If I simply turn off the shares, it starts and then I can turn on the share without any problems…

Ther is a way to make it start up with the folders shared and mounted in Syncthing?

Thanks a lot everyone!!!

Marco

We don’t maintain the nas apps, so we can’t tell you whats going on there.

Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.