Could not join relay server

###Version Information###

Syncthing Version: v0.14.18 OS Version: Debian 9

###What happened:### Synthing doesn’t connect to any relay servers, it just spams the logs with it trying to but failing (apparently EOF errors) [GRAGZ] 2017/07/26 23:40:52.868905 static.go:81: INFO: Could not join relay relay://176.31.181.189:22067/?id=3NWGDQV-2LIQVXO-PCZRZ5B-XIVQ2&pingInterval=1m0s&networkTimeout=2m0s&sessionLimitBps=0&globalLimitBps=0&statusAddr=:22070&providedBy=Bl0tz4: EOF

###What I expected to happen:### Syncthing connecting to a relay server to allow Synchronisation between my server and my computer

###Steps to reproduce:### Start syncthing

This implies something is interfering with connections (if joining all relays fails). Suggest you check your firewall/antivirus/corporate firewall.

1 Like

Turns out the cert.pem and key.pem in the config directory were for whatever reason not valid, simply deleting them and letting syncthing regenerate them fixed the problem for me.

This is impossible, unless some firewall along the way rejected a specific set of client certificates (which I am highly skeptical off).

It could be due to rocket_doge filesystem, maybe his certificates were corrupted. Would it show somewhere in the logs?

If they were corrupted either your device id would change or it simply wouldn’t start I suspect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.