Connection Reset

Hey everyone,

I’ve been using Syncthing for about two weeks now as a replacement for BTSync. There’s one machine that never shows more than 33% synced, so this time I tailed the log to see what was going on. I get messages that say a secure connection was established, and then I get this:

Mar 17 11:19:37 enterprise syncthing[8175]: [TDSQ7] 11:19:37 INFO: TLS handshake: read tcp 76.182.36.90:13098: connection reset by peer

Can anybody help me diagnose this? Everybody else I sync with seems to be fine.

Thanks!

–Rich

You need to look at the logs from the other end.

I’ve seen this a couple of times with mixed v0.10.26 and v0.10.27. The v0.10.27 log shows constant disconnections. The v0.10.26 log shows that that device thinks that the v0.10.27 device is trying to open multiple connections, and keeps rejecting them.

Upgrading both sides to v0.10.27 fixed it - I didn’t dig into it any further.

Interesting. I have that exact situation, because I’m using Syncthing from my Linux distro’s repos (Manjaro Linux, based on Arch), and it’s on 0.10.26.

I’ll have to see if I can get syncthing-gtk to update my copy locally; maybe that’ll fix it.

Thanks!

–Rich

Well, this brought up an interesting dilemma for me. Now that I’m launching Syncthing from my user directory, where is the log file kept? Previously, I was launching via systemd and could use journalctl to view the logs. Now, I can’t seem to find the log file.

–Rich

There is no log file, it logs to stdout.