Conflict with big file

Hi there,

I have following scenario:

• Windows-Notebook, one folder containing a file with size ~1GB, send only
  • Android-Smartphone, receive-only, about 5 GB free space

Syncthing creates several conflict files, which fill up the free space on my smartphone. Of course it’s not good that there is a conflict, but is there any way to avoid all these conflict files? Are they of any use for me? I think, a simple “sync failed”-notification would be sufficient. Can I see the reason for the conflict? I thought, because the synch is one-way, there shouldn’t be any conflicts?

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

The fact that it’s receive only doesn’t mean that there should be no conflicts. If the receive only side has modified the file locally, you’ll end up with a conflict, as simply overwriting the file would lead to data loss (or whatever the local modifications were).

In the web ui in the app you could go to advanced settings and for that folder set max conflicts to 0, that will not keep conflict files and will keep the “latest” file.

Be ware that “latest” might not be the “latest” you are after, if something on your phone keeps modifying the files, as it might be the phones locally modified copy.

In that case the devices will go out of sync and you’ll have to press override button to fix it (or modify the file on the send only side).

There is no way to ignore/suppress changes made on the phone and make the notebooks version win.

Hi Audrius, many thanks for your answer!

Could anyone please give me advice where I can find this option to set “max conflicts” to zero? I cannot find it, neither on the windows web interface nor in the android app.

Its in advanced config/settings in the hamburger menu.

Found it, thanks! Hopefully this will do the trick…

Beware… As Audrius wrote: “Be ware that “latest” might not be the “latest” you are after, if something on your phone keeps modifying the files, as it might be the phones locally modified copy.”

You might very well lose data. To be safe, you need to find out how and why files get modified instead and fix that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.