Code=exited status=1/FAILURE

syncthing has been working exceptionally well for me and from what I can tell everything is still working. But I am concerned about a warning message. I’m running my local workstation on Ubuntu 20.04 and server on Ubuntu 18.04. I just did a routine debian package update on my workstation, and files are still syncing OK. But I get the warning below when I do a status check on my workstation:

systemctl --user status syncthing

● syncthing.service - Syncthing - Open Source Continuous File Synchronization
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/syncthing.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2020-07-13 07:03:20 CDT; 1s ago
       Docs: man:syncthing(1)
    Process: 180384 ExecStart=/usr/bin/syncthing -no-browser -no-restart -logflags=0 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
   Main PID: 180384 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Pointing my browser to 127.0.0.1:8384 shows all is well, and likewise when I connect the browser to the server using ssh -N -L 9090:127.0.0.1:8384 servername and go to 127.0.0.1:9090.

No warnings are showing for the server except for a number of messages like Device xxxx folder yyy has mismatching index ID for us and ... has a new index ID. Maybe I also need help interpreting what these are.

Maybe it was started outside of systemd and systemd is failing to start another instance. Or systemd is just confused, who knows.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.