Change (target) folder path

Hi forum,

I plan to syncronize a folder from source computer A to to target computer B.

To do this, I have added the corresponding folder on source computer A in Synctrayzor using the “Add Folder” function:

Now the folder automatically appears on target computer B, but with an unwanted path.

How can I change the path of the folder on target computer B?

You can’t once it’s added. The dialog for adding it allows you to modify the path.

1 Like

Yeah, but it’s added automatically, and then I can’t change the path.

How do I prevent the automatic adding of new folders on other devices?

You must have enabled auto-accept. Disable that, remove the folder and restart.

1 Like

OK thanks. Somehow I still don’t understand this concept.

Strangely to me, you can not edit the local device (in Synctrayzor, that is), but only the remote device:

More strangely, the “Auto Accept” feature is not even enabled here (this is on a third device other than A and B).

Is “Auto Accept” a property of the local device, although it is only accessible via “Edit [the remote] Device”?

Unfortunately, this dialog is totally confusing and unclear to me :confused:

Neither and both. It is local configuration of how to treat the remote device. All of the configuration options are fundamentally local.

3 Likes

Thanks – however, this is totally not evident, and I still have difficulties understanding it.

All the more when looking at the confusing wording of that “Edit Device” dialog as shown above!

Particularly:

• Who is “we”, and what is “our device list”?
  • Is “this device” the local or the remote device?
  • What does “automatically share folders” mean, other than “create”?

I think this is going into a philosophical existential question territory.

If you have specific question, ask.

If you are here to pick on poor wording written by non-native English speakers, I’d rather you opened pull requests rewording these. Also, have your read the docs/manual? The concepts of what is local what is remote is explained there which might make this more clear.

Quoting Holmes/Doyle:

when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Either it’s the device to which the UI belongs, the device you are editing or other devices. It talks about adding additional devices with mutually shared folders -> can’t be other devices. The setting is present on multiple editable devices -> can’t be the single device the UI belongs to.

Singular -> not other devices. Available on all devices -> not local device.

Ok, here Holmes might not be applicable, as you might not be able to come up with any possibilities. The true one is: If the advertised device already exists locally, it doesn’t need creating (well can’t be), just sharing it.

That doesn’t mean it couldn’t be easier to eliminate the impossible (or simply understand what it means), but without either explaining your thought process and where it fails to come to a conclusion that you feel confident on or proposing better wording, there’s nothing to be done.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.