Central state control panel

Hi, I have 4 offices, with 5 syncthing servers, I added 2 more to start switching all office server to new ones, and finally I wish to maintain only 4 (5 in the future).

Now I am spending a lot of time checking one by one if all of them are OK. The are running on Windows 2003 server, and I have the GUI at 127.0.0.1.

Instead of allowing general acces with user/password, I think that could be interesting feature to set one server as “master control” and be abble to view the state of each node/repository, restart each one and similar things.

1 Like

There was a forum post a while back from someone who was development a tool to manage multiple Syncthing instances.

There was also some work once upon a time for an old Syncthing version, called MetroThing.

1 Like

syncthing “Command Line Interface” can do a lot of automated tasks. If you can access the servers within a company network you can check on all your servers with one script:

c:\Users\user\Desktop\syncthing-cli-windows-amd64>syncthing-cli.exe -e serveripone:8384 status

c:\Users\user\Desktop\syncthing-cli-windows-amd64>syncthing-cli.exe -e serveriptwo:8384 status

etc

etc

You shouldn’t use syncthing-cli as it is unmaintained and not fully compatible with current versions.

Instead you should use the REST API.

1 Like