Can't open Syncthing on my phone anymore.

Hello,

After I’ve recently installed the latest update (manually in Google Play store), there is a new welcome screen with info and prompts about granting permissions, but at the last page with the “FINISH” button, it keeps repeating the same pop-up message and it is stuck. I can’t continue. And on my PC, the Syncthing web interface says that my remote device is “disconnected”.

Here is how it looks like => https://i.imgur.com/KSXFXCf.png

and here is what it keeps on displaying every time I press the “FINISH” button => https://i.imgur.com/Qtkd29F.png

It is not my first installation. I have successfully used Syncthing on my phone in the past to sync my KeepassDB file from my PC. The version is “v1.20.1, Windows (64-bit Intel/AMD)”.

I don’t know if it’s a relevant info but my phone is an old Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. Please, let me know if you need more details about this issue. Do you know if it can be fixed or should I downgrade the version on both Android and PC if I want to use Syncthing again like before? I couldn’t find anything in this forum and I’ve read the FAQ already. It looks like I’m the only one who can’t use Syncthing on his phone anymore :(( That’s why I’m posting this topic here. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

You need to click the button to reset the database, then Syncthing will start

Looks like the “Reset Database” button isn’t visible on your screen, maybe scaling/DPI issues? Try scrolling down the text, there should be a large button you’re supposed to click below the text.

It doesn’t scroll. I had tried already (left/right, up/down). It doesn’t move :frowning:

There was a similar case on the GitHub issue tracker, I think also with a Xiaomi device if I’m not mistaken. Please change your screen orientation to landscape and then try to scroll again. If that doesn’t work, you can connect a Bluetooth mouse or keyboard and try using those instead.

3 Likes

This is it! Everything is working now. Thank you so much!

I will remember this trick for next time! :smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.