Can't access GUI across network - have set 0.0.0.0

I’m adding a system to several I have already running syncthing. It’s a headless Raspberry Pi so I need to open up the GUI to allow connections across my LAN. I’ve already done this before on another Raspberry Pi but I can’t get the new one to work.

I’ve changed the GUI section in config.xml to:-

<gui enabled="true" tls="false" debugging="false">
    <address>0.0.0.0:8384</address>
    <user>chris</user>
    <theme>default</theme>
</gui>

However I’m still getting “Unable to connect” when I point my browser to port 8384 on the new Raspberry Pi.

What have I missed?

Firewalls (including local one on the Pi), usually.

It’s all on a hard wired LAN so no firewall. I can ssh into the Pi so its firewall (if there is any) isn’t blocking port 22.

No, I’ve checked, there’s no firewall on the Pi and, as I said, it’s on a LAN wired direct (via a switch) to the system I’m trying to connect from.

Sorry, me again. After going away for a while (a couple of hours) it’s all working now. I’ve not rebooted anything so I don’t quite understand why syncthing took time to allow me to connect. However, it now works so I’m happy! :slight_smile:

Syncthing can take a while to start on a low-powered device if you have large folders.

Also: Did you edit the config file while syncthing was not running. If you edit it and then restart syncthing, syncthing will write its current in memory config to the file.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.