I recently installed syncthing on Debian on a free tier google cloud vm. I installed syncthing v1.2.2 via packages, set-up a syncthing user and group and it runs via systemd the GUI is proxied via nginx. It was working flawless; I added devices and folders without problems.
I recently upgraded to v1.3.0 via packages. I added the device ID of this server on a new syncthing server and when I try to accept the invitation the GUI responds with:
“Connection Error. Syncthing seems to be experiencing a problem processing your request. Please refresh the page or restart Syncthing if the problem persists.”
I discovered I get the same response when I try to adjust anything in the settings, such as set the GUI theme to dark, or add a folder. Apart from this syncthing is syncing current folders with current devices without problems.
Because systemctl status gave a warning “The unit file, source configuration file or drop-ins of firstname.lastname@example.org changed on disk.” (I think due to the pkd upgrade): sudo systemctl daemon-reload
I am new to working with linux and commandline. After installing syncthing a few times on different free cloud providers I am becoming more comfortable using the commandline and I think I made a proper installation on this vm.
Thanks for taking the time to read through and I hope someone is willing to help me out a bit.
So both when accessing the GUI as well as when trying to do something that changes its configuration, an error emerges from angular.js 9912: xhr.send(post || null); in the function: function createHttpBackend($browser, createXhr, $browserDefer, callbacks, rawDocument)
I copied the whole content of the 413 error:
POST domain/rest/system/config 413 (Request Entity Too Large)
(anonymous) @ angular.js:9912
sendReq @ angular.js:9713
serverRequest @ angular.js:9425
processQueue @ angular.js:13337
(anonymous) @ angular.js:13353
$eval @ angular.js:14589
$digest @ angular.js:14405
$apply @ angular.js:14694
(anonymous) @ angular.js:21724
dispatch @ jquery-2.2.2.js:4755
elemData.handle @ jquery-2.2.2.js:4567
I will play with my nginx settings first then Nummer378
Thanks for the quick response here! It was indeed one of my nginx settings, from a website about hardening nginx I had added the following:
large_client_header_buffers 2 1k;
After removing this the GUI is working fine again. I do still get the 500 error of the rest/system/upgrade, but I can add and remove devices again.
Thank you very much!!!