Can the app block remote access to the device?

Hi, I recently installed Syncthing on my smartphone now I’m trying to establish remote access to Android device using ADB over Network but it doesn’t work. Could you tell me if it could be the Syncthing app? Maybe it blocks the connection?

That sounds unlikely to me, unless for some reason Syncthing-related ports are being used.

Here, connecting remotely using adb works just fine, while Syncthing is running and doing its syncing.

In this case I think it’s best to read through the adb-options and commands to see if you’re not missing something in that area; Android Debug Bridge (adb)  |  Android Studio  |  Android Developers

Hi! I don’t believe it’s the app. When it comes to accessing Android devices using ADB over the network, one important thing to note is that it typically requires your Android device to be rooted. If it’s not already rooted, you’ll need to go through the process of rooting your device before you can proceed. There’s a detailed step-by-step guide on how to do this, which you can find right here Android remote debugging and testing

No, it doesn’t.

1 Like

That totally depends on what you want to do with ADB. But for regular debugging and connecting remotely, root privileges are most certainly not necessary.

1 Like

make sue that USB and ADB debugging is enabled on your android device, you can find these option on developer option in the setting section.