Can not sync from an existing volume

I am trying to do a one-way sync from an existing volume mounted to my MacBook Pro (Mac OS 10.12.4, 16G RAM) to a volume mounted on a Windows 2016 Standard server. I have verified that I can do a two-way sync between the default folder on the Mac and the default folder on the server.

The folder I want to sync to is on the Windows server is Z:\ (a mapped share from my Synology NAS). The folder I want to from is a SMB mounted volume from a Ctera NAS that is mounted as /Volumes/production.

When I attempt to create the folder on the Macbook, I get the following error:

2017-04-14 15:22:54: Creating folder: mkdir /Volumes/production/: permission denied

2017-04-14 15:22:54: Creating folder marker: open /Volumes/production/.stfolder: no such file or directory

2017-04-14 15:22:54: Stopping folder “production on ctera” (txvqm-kdzam) - folder path missing

Syncthing appears to be trying to create a folder on the MacBook which obviously won’t work since the folder already exists.

What do I need to do to get Syncthing to recognize that the folder already exists that the I just want it to read the content of the folder and sync it to the Windows server.

Any help/pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards, Jim

The user running syncthing on your mac probably doesn’t have write permissions in /Volumes/production/.

If you can’t / don’t want to give it write permissions, you can create the folder marker yourself, as you only want a one way sync anyway.

touch /Volumes/production/.stfolder
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.