Can not connect from outside

Hi,

I set up syncthing with a raspberry pi, 2 laptop, tablet and a mobile phone. Everything works like a charm when I am in my wifi network.

When I am outside my network I can not connect from my phone to my raspberry.

On my raspberry “global discovery” an UPnP ist activated. I can see in my router that UPnP works.

TCP, 58916, raspberry-pi, 192.168.178.155, 22000

What is wrong with my configuration? Here my configuration on my raspberry.

<listenAddress>0.0.0.0:22000</listenAddress>  
    <globalAnnounceServer>udp4://announce.syncthing.net:22026</globalAnnounceServer>
        <globalAnnounceEnabled>true</globalAnnounceEnabled>
        <localAnnounceEnabled>true</localAnnounceEnabled>
        <localAnnouncePort>21025</localAnnouncePort>
        <localAnnounceMCAddr>[ff32::5222]:21026</localAnnounceMCAddr>
        <maxSendKbps>0</maxSendKbps>
        <maxRecvKbps>0</maxRecvKbps>
        <reconnectionIntervalS>60</reconnectionIntervalS>
        <startBrowser>true</startBrowser>
        <upnpEnabled>true</upnpEnabled>
        <upnpLeaseMinutes>0</upnpLeaseMinutes>
        <upnpRenewalMinutes>30</upnpRenewalMinutes>
        <urAccepted>0</urAccepted>
        <urUniqueID></urUniqueID>
        <restartOnWakeup>true</restartOnWakeup>
        <autoUpgradeIntervalH>12</autoUpgradeIntervalH>
        <keepTemporariesH>24</keepTemporariesH>
        <cacheIgnoredFiles>true</cacheIgnoredFiles>
        <progressUpdateIntervalS>5</progressUpdateIntervalS>
        <symlinksEnabled>true</symlinksEnabled>

Have you actually tried connecting to that port from the outside, to see if it gets mapped correctly?

Seems to be open

nmap -sT -p 22000 myIP

Starting Nmap 6.40 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2014-12-10 17:17 CET Host is up (0.0050s latency). PORT STATE SERVICE 22000/tcp open unknown

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.06 seconds

I mean from the outside. Basically, is port 58916 being correctly routed by your router? Also, you might want to run STTRACE=discovery to see if the outside node gets the correct IP for the router.

Hi, I really appreciate your help. But I am just an “user” and dont really know what you mean.

I will try a connection from outside with my laptop tomorrow.

Just a question. Which would be a manual port forwarding setup, without UPnP.

from port xyz1 to port xyz2 on raspberry port 22000. What would be “xyz1” and “xyz2”

Hi again,

I check with my laptop (tethering via mobile) and it works. It can connect to my raspberry.

But the mobile can not.

Here is the mobile config found in

/data/data/com.nutomic.syncthingandroid/files/config.xml
< options> < listenAddress>0.0.0.0:22000< /listenAddress> < globalAnnounceServer>upd4://announce.syncthing.net:22026< /globalAnnounceServer> < globalAnnounceEnabled>true< /globalAnnounceEnabled> < localAnnounceEnabled>true< /localAnnounceEnabled> < localAnnouncePort>21025< /localAnnouncePort> < localAnnounceMCAddr>[ff32::5222]:21026< /localAnnounceMCAddr> < maxSendKbps>0< /maxSendKbps> < maxRecvKbps>0< /maxRecvKbps> < reconnectionIntervalS>60< /reconnectionIntervalS> < startBrowser>true< /startBrowser> < upnpEnabled>false< /upnpEnabled> < upnpLeaseMinutes>0< /upnpLeaseMinutes> < upnpRenewalMinutes>30< /upnpRenewalMinutes> < urAccepted>-1< /urAccepted> < urUniqueID>< /urUniqueID> < restartOnWakeup>true< /restartOnWakeup> < autoUpgradeIntervalH>12< /autoUpgradeIntervalH> < keepTemporariesH>24< /keepTemporariesH> < cacheIgnoredFiles>true< /cacheIgnoredFiles> < progressUpdateIntervalS>5< /progressUpdateIntervalS> < symlinksEnabled>true< /symlinksEnabled> < / options> < / configuration>

How can I run “STTRACE=net,discover syncthing &> syncthing.log” on my android device?

I think you need to set the debug options from the UI and then download some log inspector (if your device is rooted), otherwise use adb (google logcat android howto)

I found the solution.

Global Discovery did not work correct.

I just had to change “udp4://announce.syncthing.net:22026” to “udp4://194.126.249.5:22026” on my android devices. Now it works!

That should already have been the case if you were running the Android app? But this was homebrew maybe?