Broken after reinstallation

After uninstalled the syncthing, it is still somehow running in my background process and it is not identifiable through task manager. Because of that, syncthing keeps giving errors after I install it again and run it. Kill background process is not working too.

It would be useful if you actually posted the errors. Did you try restarting the machine? How do you know it’s not visible in task manager? Did you check under other users? How did you install it?

Its not visible because I don’t see other processes running yet the program itself keep giving me Fatal: Cannot open database error when started. I installed it in the same folder and it seems the uninstall won’t even delete any file in the folder other than the icon itself. I only have one user.

You should post the full error message/log segment.

How do I do that?

By copying it from the console as it fails to start

[MXAYM] 17:09:12 INFO: syncthing v0.14.51 “Dysprosium Dragonfly” (go1.11 windows-amd64) teamcity@build.syncthing.net 2018-09-24 12:50:31 UTC

[MXAYM] 17:09:12 INFO: My ID: MXAYMNF

[MXAYM] 17:09:13 INFO: Single thread SHA256 performance is 341 MB/s using minio/sha256-simd (283 MB/s using crypto/sha256).

[MXAYM] 17:09:13 INFO: Hashing performance is 319.32 MB/s

[MXAYM] 17:09:13 FATAL: Error opening database: Syncthing v0.14.53 required

You’ve downgraded to an older version which cannot open the database, you need to remove the database before you can start it (or do the sensible thing and upgrade)

How to remove the data base? And how do I upgrade?

I am sure you’ll find the answers if you read the docs and search the forum.

I read to documentation, but it doesn’t give me a file directory. Is it in the system drive or not.

https://docs.syncthing.net/users/config.html

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.