Black list and white list for the Discovery Server

There is a possibility at the moment of creating a black list and white list ID for the Discovery Server. If at the moment this is not possible, then there will be the opportunity it in the future? This would solve several problems:

• Creating a more-controlled clusters.
  • The creation of private and public Discovery Servers;
  • Load Balancing on a very low-end systems.
1 Like

No this is not supported, though I don’t understand the issue you are trying to solve.

Not knowing where the discovery server is makes it sort of private, and I don’t understand your other arguments.

If you want this done, I suggest you maka a pull request. Given syncthing is made by the people for the people, I don’t see a reason why any of the core developers would contribute a feature like that, as it doesn’t fit the picture of what we are trying to achieve.

Most likely, I will touch on the topic which is so not like developers Syncthing. All that is necessary for the centralized exception of devices in the cluster. The very existence of Discovery servers can mean the division and control of the plurality of peers. But it does not provide any special privileges. It only reveals the mechanism of its work. Why not control the set of peers in full. I would like to restrict access to resolution of the device, which longer prohibited from participating in the cluster. On a large scale this titanic work. Quickly exclude devices, such as a cluster containing 100 peers at the moment is not possible. I created a cluster with your help and the help of Syncthing, and I want to establish their own rules in my cluster. You can call this moderation, as it works in the torrent trackers. Plus there is no such function in BTSync. Is it bad to have a unique feature that they do not have? )))

It’s not bad to have a feature, but I don’t think anyone from the core team cares about this, as we don’t want to control or moderate anyone, hence I would not expect it will get delivered by us.

If you can dedicate your own effort, I am sure it will get merged if implemented correctly.

Furthermore, excluding a device from discovery is not really moderation, as the devices still will be able to find each other via local discovery or any other discovery server.

Please tell me, do peers who have disabled the local discovery, and that use only one server-discovery can be found by anyone else?

Yes, you don’t need discovery at all, if you connect directly, you just have to know where to connect.

1 Like